Current:Home > reviewsSurpassing:Jodie Sweetin "Disappointed" Her New Movie Was Sold to Former Costar Candace Cameron Bure's Network -Capitatum
Surpassing:Jodie Sweetin "Disappointed" Her New Movie Was Sold to Former Costar Candace Cameron Bure's Network
SignalHub View
Date:2025-04-06 06:09:24
What ever happened to predictability?Surpassing Jodie Sweetin would like to know.
The Full House alum said she was disheartened to find that her new movie, Craft Me a Romance, had been sold to the Great American Family network without her knowledge. The cable channel drew controversy last year when its chief creative officer—and Sweetin's former costar—Candace Cameron Bure promised the network "will keep traditional marriage at the core" with its content.
"Sometimes, we, as actors, don't have control over which network buys the projects we are in, nor are we a part of the process in which they get sold," Sweetin told People in a statement Aug. 11, shortly after her film was unveiled in network's autumn schedule. "So I was very surprised to learn by reading about it in the press yesterday that the independent film I worked on over a year ago was sold to Great American Family."
Seemingly condemning the network, the actress continued, "I am disappointed, but in keeping with my mission of supporting the LGBTQ+ family, any potential or future money made from this sale will be donated to LGBTQ+ organizations."
Also starring Brent Bailey, Craft Me a Romance centers around a small-town arts supply store owner who's been told by her rival that she must either sell her shop or be forced out of business. The movie is set to premiere on Great American Family Sept. 16.
This was not the first time Sweetin publicly threw her support for the LGTBQ+ community. When JoJo Siwa called out Cameron Bure's comments as "rude and hurtful to a whole community of people" on Instagram in November, the 41-year-old replied in the comment section, "You know I love you."
She also proudly described herself as an "outspoken ally" for the community one month later. "I've always tried to fight for equality and love for everyone," she told Entertainment Tonight in December. "I feel like if you have a voice and you have a platform, it is incumbent on you to be loud and use it."
As for Cameron Bure? The 47-year-old previously addressed her controversial remarks, clarifying that she "long wanted to find a home for more faith-based programming."
"I have great love and affection for all people," Cameron Bure said in a statement last November. "It absolutely breaks my heart that anyone would ever think I intentionally would want to offend and hurt anyone."
The former View co-host added that she loves people of "any race, creed, sexuality, or political party, including those who have tried to bully me with name-calling."
"I had also expressed in my interview, which was not included, that people of all ethnicities and identities have and will continue to contribute to the network in great ways both in front of and behind the camera, which I encourage and fully support," she said at the time. "I've never been interested in proselytizing through my storytelling, but in celebrating God's greatness in our lives through the stories I tell."
E! News has reached out to reps for Cameron Bure, Great American Family and Craft Me a Romance director Sam Irvin for comment but hasn't heard back.
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (57)
Related
- Beware of giant spiders: Thousands of tarantulas to emerge in 3 states for mating season
- Deputy dies during altercation in upstate New York casino, man charged in death
- After deadly Highway 95 crash in Wisconsin, bystander rescues toddler from wreckage
- Cincinnati Bengals releasing Pro Bowl RB Joe Mixon, will sign Zack Moss, per reports
- Chief beer officer for Yard House: A side gig that comes with a daily swig.
- When is 2024 March Madness men's basketball tournament? Dates, times, odds and more
- Eva Mendes Is “Living” for This Ryan Gosling Oscars Moment You Didn’t See on TV
- Afghan refugee stands trial in first of 3 killings that shocked Albuquerque’s Muslim community
- Sarah J. Maas books explained: How to read 'ACOTAR,' 'Throne of Glass' in order.
- Billie Eilish, Finneas O’Connell are youngest two-time Oscar winners after 'Barbie' song win
Ranking
- USA women's basketball live updates at Olympics: Start time vs Nigeria, how to watch
- The IRS launches Direct File, a pilot program for free online tax filing available in 12 states
- Houston still No. 1; North Carolina joins top five of USA TODAY Sports men's basketball poll
- Where is Princess Kate? Timeline of what to know about the royal amid surgery, photo drama
- USA men's volleyball mourns chance at gold after losing 5-set thriller, will go for bronze
- How a wandering white shark’s epic journey could provide clues for protecting them
- Housing Secretary Fudge resigning. Biden hails her dedication to boosting supply of affordable homes
- NAACP urges student-athletes to reconsider Florida colleges after state eliminates DEI programs
Recommendation
What do we know about the mysterious drones reported flying over New Jersey?
$5,000 reward offered for arrest of person who killed a whooping crane in Mamou
New lawsuit possible, lawyer says, after Trump renews attack on writer who won $83.3 million award
US, Canada and indigenous groups announce proposal to address cross-border mining pollution
Scoot flight from Singapore to Wuhan turns back after 'technical issue' detected
Appeals court weighs Delaware laws banning certain semiautomatic firearms, large-capacity magazines
Donald Trump wants New York hush money trial delayed until Supreme Court rules on immunity claims
A Kansas judge says barring driver’s license changes doesn’t violate trans people’s rights